Skip to main content
MBBS MOSCOW MBBS MOSCOW +91 22 69001020 info@mbbsmoscow.com

Orel State University, Russia

The origins of the idea of ​​creating a higher educational institution in Orel for the first time date back to the First World War, when the intelligentsia of the provincial center, developing the initiative of the Ministry of Industry and Trade in 1916, in January-March 1917 created a "commission for the establishment of a polytechnic national university". In May of the same year, the question of its establishment is discussed by the Oryol city commission on public education. The result of the work was a report sent on September 7, 1918 to the Provincial Executive Committee, which concluded that it was necessary to establish a university in Orel with a set of classical faculties.

However, the events of the autumn of 1917 changed the situation in the country and the province and the new authorities returned to the question of creating the university a year later, when on October 31, 1918, Orlovsky Proletarian University named after VI Orlovsky was created by the Decree of the Department of Public Education of the Orlovsky Provincial Committee. Lenin, which opened on November 5 of the same year and existed in Orel until 1920.

However, talk about the establishment in Orel of a full-fledged state university with a classic set of faculties is already in 1919, when on June 23 the decision of the Collegium of Higher Educational Institutions of the People's Commissariat for Education was established Orel State University. This day can rightfully be considered the birthday of the university as a classical university, the leading educational institution in the region.

In furtherance of this decision, on March 19, 1920, the Board of the Orlovski Gubernia Education Committee passed a resolution "On the reorganization of the Oryol proletarian university" and on the establishment of the Oryol State University on its base and the Institute of Public Education.

For a short time, on the basis of the scientific and pedagogical staff (forces, as they said a century ago), the backbone of the pedagogical collective was created, the students were recruited into two faculties. In the spirit of the era, under the OSU, a workforce was created.

Changes in state policy in higher education led to the adoption on Nov. 4, 1921, of the Decree of the Council of People's Commissars (on the basis of the decision of the Board of the People's Commissariat of Education of August 18, 1921) to establish a Higher Pedagogical Institute on the basis of the OSU. Its grand opening took place on October 9, 1921. However, the further course of the country's leadership on the specialization of higher education led to a decision of November 15, 1922 on the closure of the Orel Higher Pedagogical Institute. The students were transferred to other universities and technical schools, and the teaching staff of the university moved to work at the Orlovsky Pedagogical and Mechanical-Building Technical School. However, in a few years the development of higher education in Orlovschina received a new impetus.

In 1927, the Mechanics and Construction Technical College created groups for the training of engineers in parallel with the groups for the training of specialists with secondary education, and on August 5, 1931 - by the decree of the Council of People's Commissars of the RSFSR in Orel, an industrial and pedagogical institute was created, the grand opening of which was held on October 16 In 1931, the four faculties (physico-technical, chemical-biological, socio-economic (literary-social, polytechnical) were opened in 1932. The Faculty of Oriental Studies was opened at the OGPI, the Evening Institute until 1938.) In January 1933, the Belgorod Pedagogical Institute was united with OGPI.

Since 1934 (September 1) - in structure of high school two institutes - teacher's with two-year term of training and pedagogical, with four-year term of training, let out teachers for high schools are structurally created. In the period of preservation of this structure until 1952, the university is called the Orel State Pedagogical and Teachers' Institute, keeping the name Orlov Pedagogical Institute in the press and internal turnover documents. The institute operates Rabfak (until 1949), created in the framework of the OSU in 1920 and exemplary school.

In 1940 - the first two volumes of the "Scientists of Notes of the Orel State Pedagogical Institute" were published: T. I "Natural Science and Chemistry"; T. II "Physics and Mathematics".

Further development of the OGPI was determined by the Great Patriotic War. In June 1941, 200 students and teachers left the institute for the front.

Particular Year-1 Year-2 Year-3 Year-4 Year-5 Year-6
Tuition Fee 5500 USD 4500 USD 4500 USD 4500 USD 4500 USD 4500 USD
Hostel 800 USD 800 USD 800 USD 800 USD 800 USD 800 USD
Others* 2000 USD 300 USD 300 USD 300 USD 300 USD 300 USD
TOTAL 8300 USD 5600 USD 5600 USD 5600 USD 5600 USD 5600 USD

*Others include cost towards Medical insurance, Resident permit extension, Text Books etc.